3kitty
Super Member
I own a Luxman L-450 ....55 watts per - 1980ish ....very sweet little amp!!
Am looking at a Luxman L-430 - 105 watts per - '82-'85
I don't "need" the extra power.....the 450 runs everything with ease.
But is the 430 a better amp overall? Would I be gaining anything with this swap?
The one thing my 450 has that the 430 does not is in the phono stage -
- the 450 has an MM / MC-1 / ...and MC-2 ...for low and high output carts
- the 430 has only MM and MC.
If this is a lateral move at best it's not worth the extra cash. This only makes sense to me if I am gaining overall.
Thanks for your input.
Am looking at a Luxman L-430 - 105 watts per - '82-'85
I don't "need" the extra power.....the 450 runs everything with ease.
But is the 430 a better amp overall? Would I be gaining anything with this swap?
The one thing my 450 has that the 430 does not is in the phono stage -
- the 450 has an MM / MC-1 / ...and MC-2 ...for low and high output carts
- the 430 has only MM and MC.
If this is a lateral move at best it's not worth the extra cash. This only makes sense to me if I am gaining overall.
Thanks for your input.