• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thoughts on these Realistic Minimus 7W's?

Register to hide this ad
Oh come on guys. $200 isn't that much.

(Says somebody who doesn't have $200 to spend on those :D )
 
Well, like 4seat said..... curious to hear how they sound.

IMO the Minimus 7 are pretty darned good to start with. Somebody did something right when they designed and built them. So that being said, replacement of the woofer and tweeter with other components, even if they're better quality, is no guarantee they'll sound better. Unless somebody did a bang up job of properly integrating the components, crossover and cabinets, I'd be surprised if they sounded any better than the factory stock Minimus 7. Certainly nothing I'd risk $199 + shipping to find out.
 
Instead of buying those, buy the crossover upgrades usually sold and sometimes even assembled by a seller or two on Ebay. That's what I want to do with my Optimus A/Vs (aka newer M7's with a different name). I feel if anything that a crossover mod will make the most difference and should be tried before outright replacing the drivers.
 
Instead of buying those, buy the crossover upgrades usually sold and sometimes even assembled by a seller or two on Ebay. That's what I want to do with my Optimus A/Vs (aka newer M7's with a different name). I feel if anything that a crossover mod will make the most difference and should be tried before outright replacing the drivers.

I actually have a mint pair of Minimus 7W's with the crossover mod from ebay. It is an improvement, albeit a minor one... They do sound better though.
 
I have a pair of 7Ws with the Old Colony crossover. A very big improvement. And I wouldn't sell those for 200. I've probably got 100 in the internal xover components. I went a little nuts with Chatteroux caps and BIG air core inductors.

I wouldn't give 200 for those.
 
Those are different! However, I'd rather use one of my three pairs and do the mods myself... That's part of the fun!
 
Back
Top Bottom