• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

thoughts on this Fisher Futura VI

MJ5150

New Member
Greetings....I'm new to AudioKarma and looking for a nice 1960s era console to enjoy at home.
This Fisher has caught my eye but it needs work. What do th experienced folks on here think about it's value and potential? Thanks, looking forward to your wisdom!

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/fuo/5275545440.html

EDIT: I have no affiliation with this item or the seller. I am an interested buyer, which is why I am consulting the users of this forum. ;-)
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I like it and think it's a fair price. I especially like the cabinet's contemporary style. To me, it's light years nicer than the more typically seen Zenith, RCA, Magnavox etc. On the other hand, I am not crazy about the mid-1960's Fisher electronics design and prefer the earlier, classier design of their all-tube units. The Futura VI is (I think) a tube-solid state hybrid. The turntable is a German Elac Miracord 10 which is very good quality.
 
danrclem; We DO have FISHER Owners that DO have and work on CONSOLES here. The unit shown in the original post is identical to mine, which I restored between 2009 and 2012. I have restored about a dozen of this type Tuner/amp combination(59-T/59-A) along with the Custom Electra (49-A/49-T) combo since 2010. I'm not shilling for a job here, just pointing out that just because it's a console (and a hybrid at that), he doesn't have to go elsewhere to find help to get it fixed.
 
Back
Top Bottom