• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thrift find Aiwa AD-F810 with a pic

hangman

Member
Picked this up on the way home from work today at one thrift. It is a AIWA AD-F810 three head deck and it just like new in box. It still had the factory sticker over the tape window where you could not see the tape. It also has the remote control. It sounds very nice and works great. Does anyone here have one of these and what do you think of it?

aiwaadf10t.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
It is a very nice deck, what else to say - one of the better transports, very good head (same, as in the Aiwa XK-007 Excelia) and a good circuit. Congratulations! One weak point in these Aiwas is the belts - you may need a replacement after all these years since it was made. Fortunately these belts are available.

Alex
 
That picture of Aiwa AD-F810 is mine! I sold the unit about a year ago. I still have the cabinet and the Denon sitting below is my DCD-1500, which I am listening to right now.
 
I had one, and was really impressed with it. A bit bulky, and the knobs have a plastic feel to it, but performance was outstanding. The only reason it had to go was the fullfillment of my dream: a Nakamichi ZX-9, otherwise the Aiwa probably still would be here.
 
I recorded some Marshall Tucker from an LP last night, and what a sweet sound the deck produced. I've been trying to dig up type II cassettes at the thrifts and have had pretty good luck. Its nice to have a remote for the deck also.
 
Aiwa AD-F810:They are still out there

Just picked up one of these a couple of weeks ago-$15.00 at a local non profit. Jammed cassette door mech-seen this problem before. I replaced the belts for about $12.00, and cleared the jam. (hey, I got an extra tape-of something I will never listen to.....)
I recorded from a good CD using Dolby C on a new Chrome tape-and man-this thing sounds fantastic. Just goes to show how far the medium had gotten by this time. It's a keeper:)
 
Back
Top Bottom