• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Thrift store find, modded Sony DVP-NS900V

ghbrian

Active Member
I keep a look out for Sony ES CD players when I am in the thrift stores. I picked up this DVD/SCAD player today. I got it home and was cleaning it up, and noticed some odd additions that I have never seen in a Sony CD player before. There were five SOWTER 3603f input/output transformers wired into the circuit. I do not know anything about modded CD players, maybe some of you can enlighten me.
I am listening to the Sony now, with Yamaha NS690II speakers and a Sansui G7700 receiver. So far non SACD discs sound really good.

Thanks for your input.

PS those SOWTER 3630F are pricey.
 

Attachments

  • in:out transformer.jpg
    in:out transformer.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 108
  • in:out transformer 2.jpg
    in:out transformer 2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 96
  • in:out transformer 3.jpg
    in:out transformer 3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 78
  • in:out transformer 4.jpg
    in:out transformer 4.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 78
Register to hide this ad
I'm guessing the intent is to isolate the 5 channel analog output from any extraneous electrical noise or interference. Looks like a nice score!
 
Back
Top Bottom