• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thrift Stores Separating Records?

A few years back the closest GW started doing this for awhile, but they stopped. I don't have a problem with it.
I also have no interest in buying any of them. If they want to charge ebay/RS store prices, fine. But grade them properly, and either set up an audition table or offer refunds if they play like crap. IMO.

I actually came across a great sorting story related to this a few weeks back.
There's an out of the way thrift I go to from time to time. I've snagged some choice jazz there a bunch of times. And I know they don't sort for profit or 'special' customers. I forget the title, but the cashier mentioned how great it was because he had it on the store's stereo a day or two before and put it back.
Anyway, the last time I was there they were sorting vinyl into genres, and artists with a huge presence. Yeah, they actually had separate shelves for Xmas albums, religious albums, and for the like of Nana Mouskouri.
Of course the blues section was full of James Last, so they might need a little educating on the genre thing, lol.
 
My local op-shop has records and CDs for $1 and I only buy records on half price day maybe.

They tried segregating the 'good stuff' to near a bin near the counter at $5 each and within a week or two, all that stuff was back in the general bins at $1.

A few op-shops have stupid prices like $5 on old vinyl. It sits there forever.
 
Back
Top Bottom