• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Throwback Thursday: 1973 Panasonic SE-4070 stereo music center

musicgeek91

Member
This particular unit I got sometime either late 2014 or early 2015 from a good friend of mine who runs a record store in downtown Raleigh called The Record Krate - keep in mind, he wanted to sell this unit originally, but it would have cost more to have the unit re-capped than it was worth, so it just so happened that I came to the right place at the right time, because he ended up putting it out for free - and I was the lucky dude to get it!
Everything about the unit in general worked rather well (8-track, turntable, and tuner), but that unit really could have benefitted greatly if I had the time and/or resources necessary to go ahead and re-cap it - I eventually ended up recycling the unit, but in a way, I kinda wish I didn't do that......:(
 
Register to hide this ad
The Panasonic stuff is generally some lacking on sound quality, but most seems to last forever. Probably someone is using it today and glad to have it.
 
Back
Top Bottom