Hi,
Well where do I start........
40 years ago I started to buildup my HIFI system with the purchase of a second hand Pioneer SA-9500 amplifier and PL112 record deck. Adding Sansui SP-9100 speakers, that was the start line. Over the following year I added more pioneer components: CT-F900 cassette, TX-9500 II Tuner, SG-9800 Graphic Equaliser and my joy of the system an RT-909 Reel to Reel. Unfortunately 20years has passed since the system saw the light of day...until last weekend. The bad news is the RT-909 needs complete restoration before I dare switch it on, the good news is the old amp after a few initial crackles is settling down to sounding like the old days even by using my iPad as the source. So having done a little research it seems that I need to overhaul the 909 and recap both that and the SA-9500. The CT-F900 looks like it needs new drive belts as a starter. I’m a retired communications Engineer so electronics is not a complete mystery but any hints tips or guidance on starting this restoration project is most welcome. Regards Mal
Well where do I start........
40 years ago I started to buildup my HIFI system with the purchase of a second hand Pioneer SA-9500 amplifier and PL112 record deck. Adding Sansui SP-9100 speakers, that was the start line. Over the following year I added more pioneer components: CT-F900 cassette, TX-9500 II Tuner, SG-9800 Graphic Equaliser and my joy of the system an RT-909 Reel to Reel. Unfortunately 20years has passed since the system saw the light of day...until last weekend. The bad news is the RT-909 needs complete restoration before I dare switch it on, the good news is the old amp after a few initial crackles is settling down to sounding like the old days even by using my iPad as the source. So having done a little research it seems that I need to overhaul the 909 and recap both that and the SA-9500. The CT-F900 looks like it needs new drive belts as a starter. I’m a retired communications Engineer so electronics is not a complete mystery but any hints tips or guidance on starting this restoration project is most welcome. Regards Mal

