• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tires

Just had new tires installed on the back of the new Stang, went with the Nitto NT555G2 275/40 19's. As stated earlier, I agree the Pirellis suck to the point of being dangerous, will be replacing the front ones soon.
Gee, I wonder why the rears wore out so much sooner that the fronts? :rolleyes:
 
Gee, I wonder why the rears wore out so much sooner that the fronts? :rolleyes:

Well actually it was the front tires that needed replacing, had to have an alignment also. But as I wanted to go wider I moved the rear tires to the front and the new went on the back.
 
Well actually it was the front tires that needed replacing, had to have an alignment also. But as I wanted to go wider I moved the rear tires to the front and the new went on the back.
Oh. I just thought they went bald from "excessive wear".
 
Thought I'd add my $.02 to this thread since I've put tires on both of our cars within the last couple of months.
Put Michelin Defender H+T's on the CR-V after getting 34k out of the originals. The improvement has been well worth the money spent IMO as you can now hear wind noise when on smooth pavement. Couldn't do that before, plus they are smoother riding and did I tell you they are quiet too.
My Accord got a set of Goodyear Eagles when I found out I had a tread separating on one of the tires. I forget what brand they were, but I was never in love with them so no loss there IMO. An alignment of the rearend helped with the noise and rolling resistance as the mileage is easier to come by now too.
I'm really pleased with both sets of tires I've invested in and hope I don't have any tire problems for years to come.
 
+1 for the Michelin LTX MS (discontinued) family.

Have the LTX MS2 (discontinued) on the SUV now. Smooth ride, great in snow, rain. They suck in the bumps with ease. Only issue is dry-rot. Treads are 7/32 all around at 56K, 7 years old, not bad.

Going for the Defender LTX MS now. Michelin makes an excellent product. Top-notch customer service.
 
Well, it's been a month and now have the Nittos on the front also, what a transformation. It makes me wonder why Ford would continue installing such a piece of shite tire on the Mustang. Unless getting some special deal from Pirelli I can't think it's price. So I've come to the conclusion it's most likely to help meet EPA standards, the new Nittos did see about a 1 mpg drop in gas mileage. Still worth the added safety IMO.
 
Tires are an under-appreciated part of cars. Its the only thing connecting you and the 2 tons of stuff around you to the pavement. If they're lousy, all of the rest of it will be too.
 
Back
Top Bottom