• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

"Today's Birthdays"

harman/kardon

From the Fatherland
Subscriber
This list seems to be complete nonsense. 12 Birthdays daily, most of them new members, a lot of them with less then ten posts, in a forum with 214000 members? I fear that there are many notable members (notable according to the rules Ronnie told me) which displayed their date in their profile but do not appear in this poor list anyway. :idea:

Though usedto's Birthday is in his profile, usedto's one was on August, 26th, it was not in the list. :( Very belated happy Birthday, Larry...

The old forum displayed the Birthday usernames on the bottom of the screen, and there were many day by day back then... :(
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Yes, I tend to agree Chris, also I wonder just how many of the users who register here, but are apparently never seen again were/are genuinely interested in this site and what it has to offer. :idea:

I have become acutely aware of this situation as I constantly trawl the new users list for spammers ;) (I also quite often check the 'birthdays list' too, for 'spammers' to see if they have slipped through the net).

I also speak as one who's name could not appear in the birthday list as it is done alphabetically by username and 'H' was about 20th in line for display in a field which only holds 12 usernames - a list which was clogged up with '0' post users. :(
 
Last edited:
You ran into the same problem I did . I thought about making a Mulester Birthday thread for all to join in , but it was confusing to me .
 
This list seems to be complete nonsense. 12 Birthdays daily, most of them new members

I have become acutely aware of this situation as I constantly trawl the new users list

Yes it's always full and 9 in both list, I think if avatars where changed to user name list it could fit more. Maybe bring it to the attention of Luther and he can do better filtering and links to the whole list.

If you go to the main forum page, you'll see Members Online, the title is a link to ALL members online, and at the end of the long list of names it will say More and thats a link as well.
 
Dan, I think you'll find it is 12 in each list. ;)
yeah sorry, but the point it's always full and no link to the whole list. If those list are always full then the system is filtering in some way who's to putt on the list, like newest profile change.
 
I feel like I have asked and asked for the full member list to be available again, however, I am sure the request was lost in the noise during/after the changeover to the new site software.
 
I feel like I have asked and asked for the full member list to be available again, however, I am sure the request was lost in the noise during/after the changeover to the new site software.
And these past weeks they have been swapping in a new server.
 
I would fathom to surmise that through the course of the years, Ronnie compiled a spreadsheet list on his computer. Short of searching past threads, or posting a new thread asking active members to post their birthdays, there is no easy answers. I for one, do appreciate your continued efforts to keep the birthday wishes coming.
 
You ran into the same problem I did . I thought about making a Mulester Birthday thread for all to join in , but it was confusing to me .

On April 19th, Ronnie asked me to start for him his Birthday thread. Of course it was a pleasure for me to do so.

Yes, ETLS, this is exactly what I suppose. He drew up a list for several years and used that list daily.

Edit:

Ronnie - I know that you're watching me! So you know that with an advice I just got from Tinkerbelle, I will continue your practice! :hug:
 
Last edited:
This is great! Thank you for carrying on the tradition.

How about honoring Ronnie and remembering him with a reference to something along the lines of Ronnie's Birthday Party or Ronnie's list? Your thoughts?
Yes , that is exactly what I was thinking . Make it Ronnie's (Mulester7) birthday list .
 
Yup. I like that. Maybe M7's Birthday Bash.:dunno:
Big Thanks to Mr Goat, Grumpy and WW.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom