• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Today's Puzzle Question (answered), Who can identify this Tonearm?

mr_macgee

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Does anyone recognize this tonearm?
It came off a Clear Audio Compact Innovation TT in bad need of restoration, but having problems recognizing this tonearm. It's not a uni-pivot, has a fixed head shell, VTA set screw on base, No markings on it. Arm is metal, anti-skate mechanism by lift arm has a broken string attached to it. The tonearm cable is hardwired with no DIN plug.
with the three screws underneath bottom of TA base to secure mounting.

Any of you of analog sleuths know this TA ???
IMG_6240.jpegIMG_6240.jpeg

IMG_6239.jpegIMG_6241.jpegIMG_6242.jpegIMG_6230.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6232.jpeg
    IMG_6232.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6222.jpeg
    IMG_6222.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6225.jpeg
    IMG_6225.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6218.jpeg
    IMG_6218.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I answered the query at Vinyl Engine - some aspects look like Helius or Logic products, but the wide variation of metals and finishes makes me suspect it is a DIY lash up by someone with better machining skills than me and a different idea of aesthetics than I have.
 
some aspects look like Helius or Logic products, but the wide variation of metals and finishes makes me suspect it is a DIY lash up by someone with better machining skills than me and a different idea of aesthetics than I have.

Thank you for the reply. You nailed it! And one I would never have guessed. I believe it looks to be the Helius Designs "Scorpio 4" Tonearm. Thank You!

A pretty rare bird, now I just have to find out how to repair the anti-skate string and where it attaches to, because of you I was able to find the manual for it, but no mention or diagram of the anti-skate string set up. Will first service it, and get it dialed in. Don't think this TA is worth much, but you helped a lot.

Again, thank you!
 
Helius seemed to often use brass or bronze parts, which is why I though of them. I can't get past the silver dome thing which looks like the part you buy at the hardware store to cover the hole for the sprayer hose in the sink if you have the sprayer integrated with the faucet,
 
I can't get past the silver dome thing which looks like the part you buy at the hardware store to cover the hole for the sprayer hose in the sink if you have the sprayer integrated with the faucet,
You're pretty spot on, on that
 
Back
Top Bottom