• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tommy Hunter died this week...

Quadman2

Lunatic Member
at the age of 89 in London, Ontario Canada.

South of the border his name may not be recognized, but in Canada, his Western/Country show ("The Tommy Hunter Show 1965-92) introduced the viewers to some fine music from the likes of Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Johnny Cash, Roy Rogers, and many other the well known artistes during his time on TV.

He started out with a "Western Ho Down" kind of show, playing guitar/singing before he created his own presentation-type TV offering.

Traditional Western music was a lot more narrowed back then, and through this gentleman as he was respected, he created an awareness and liking for this genre of music...myself included.


Tommy definitely left his stamp/imprint on the Canadian Country Music Scene!

RIP Mr. Hunter

Q
 
Register to hide this ad
Wow, I didn’t hear that , thanks for posting. He was a classic Canadian musician etc. I remember watching The Tommy Hunter Show on Saturday nights since I was quite young. At first we were watching on black & white tv ‘s. I think his show came on just before hockey night in Canada.

R.I.P. MR. Hunter
 
It did.

He seemed to have a "down to earth attitude', almost humble when he showcased his guests.

Q
 
We watched his shows and I remember liking it. Of course we didn't have a lot of choice back then for entertainment. :)

RIP Tommy. :(
 
Back
Top Bottom