datsunmike
Active Member
As I posted in another thread I found a mint condition halfspeed mastered copy of Tommy this past weekend and I was thrilled as my original copy, while decent, still has the hallmarks of being played often, no scratches but the music sounds muffled a bit and slightly distorted.
My new Tommy sounded awesome on my relatively new Klipsch sound system. I heard things I never heard before and in Neo6 Music it was a thrilling experience. I closed my eyes and let the music take me away. It isn't often that I can concentrate on music like that.
Tommy is incredibly produced with all types of sound effects and vocalizations going on in the background - a true masterpiece of production and thought and, of course, sweat and blood.
I saw the Who do Tommy 3X at the Fillmore East when it was first released in 69 and it brought back fond memories.
When Tommy first came out I had a Lafayette receiver, Garrard 95 TT and AR 2AX speakers, and while decent for back in those days, it holds no comparision to my new rig.
While some people do not like the Klipsch sound I think it's the best. I auditioned a lot of speakers and finally found a dealer who sold Klipsch and when I heard A/B comparisions w/Definitive Technologies, Paradigm, KEF, etc., I was blown away by the 'Klipsch' sound. Of course, sound quality is in the ear of the beholder
My new Tommy sounded awesome on my relatively new Klipsch sound system. I heard things I never heard before and in Neo6 Music it was a thrilling experience. I closed my eyes and let the music take me away. It isn't often that I can concentrate on music like that.
Tommy is incredibly produced with all types of sound effects and vocalizations going on in the background - a true masterpiece of production and thought and, of course, sweat and blood.
I saw the Who do Tommy 3X at the Fillmore East when it was first released in 69 and it brought back fond memories.
When Tommy first came out I had a Lafayette receiver, Garrard 95 TT and AR 2AX speakers, and while decent for back in those days, it holds no comparision to my new rig.
While some people do not like the Klipsch sound I think it's the best. I auditioned a lot of speakers and finally found a dealer who sold Klipsch and when I heard A/B comparisions w/Definitive Technologies, Paradigm, KEF, etc., I was blown away by the 'Klipsch' sound. Of course, sound quality is in the ear of the beholder