• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tomorrow: Model 2226B!

Skipperr

Member
Going to pick up my 2226B receiver tomorrow, very excited!
Anyone here that has the 2226B? How did you like it so far, or why didn't you like it?
Also, thread for speaker recommendations or other recommendations to go with the 2226B.
 
Register to hide this ad
I bought my 2226B in June of 1977 and I have enjoyed it everyday since I set it up. I currently use it with a set of Marantz HD770 speakers.

Welcome to the club :thmbsp:
 
Well I just bought it, and it sounds wonderful.
I read somewhere that there's someone on AK that has replacement LEDs, can someone point me to that person?
What is the best way to connect it to my computer? Using a DAC?

Edit: I think his name is whsh93a, where can I contact him? :D
Edit2: Looks like he's banned from this site... Any other way to contact him?
 
Last edited:
I think my mono button is broken, because when I listen, it's in between mono and stereo and scratches between them constantly; very annoying.
Does anyone know how to fix buttons for these receivers? Maybe it's the springs that aren't working properly anymore?
 
In all likelihood, the stereo/mono switch is fine. It will need to be sprayed internally with a good quality contact cleaner, as should all the switches in your "new" receiver. This is a popular topic here on AK, and you'll find alot of info about the process by searching.

I have a 2226 that I bought cheap off eBay because the seller said one channel didn't work. Turned out it was simply a dirty tape monitor switch.
 
In all likelihood, the stereo/mono switch is fine. It will need to be sprayed internally with a good quality contact cleaner, as should all the switches in your "new" receiver. This is a popular topic here on AK, and you'll find alot of info about the process by searching.

I have a 2226 that I bought cheap off eBay because the seller said one channel didn't work. Turned out it was simply a dirty tape monitor switch.

Oh wow what a win, great luck. :D Thanks for your info.
Anyway the person that sells the LEDs still hasn't contacted me, maybe I'm a bit impatient.

Are the Dynaco A25s good with the 2226B?
 
I am not very experienced in all this, but I love my 2226b. To me, the sound is clear and crisp and deep and full, and the unit's quite a looker, to boot. I use it with Smaller Advents. I envy you that first day, week, month--well, for me the "newness" still hasn't worn off after about six months. I sometimes find it hard to tear myself away from the music.
 
I am not very experienced in all this, but I love my 2226b. To me, the sound is clear and crisp and deep and full, and the unit's quite a looker, to boot. I use it with Smaller Advents. I envy you that first day, week, month--well, for me the "newness" still hasn't worn off after about six months. I sometimes find it hard to tear myself away from the music.

Where do you lot buy those speakers? ADS L420, Smaller Advents, etc.
Where did you buy those?
 
I did a call-out on Craigslist for a pair of original Smaller Advent woofers to install in an old pair I had with Radio Shack substitutes. A local mechanic contacted me selling a complete pair, including the original woofers, refoamed, for $60. I gave the Radio Shack versions to a friend. But they sounded good too.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom