• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tonearm Identification

Vinylbeast

Member
Hello!

Found a Thorens TD124 today in a storage unit and no tonearm was mounted on board but laying with it was this arm. I can't find any writing or anything. Anybody know what it is? Is it worth re-wiring? Someone has ripped out the red wire further up into it, I can see it coming into the downtube but doesnt come out the end. Appreciate any help!!
1687220784101.png

1687220891690.png

1687221018598.png
 
Register to hide this ad
Usually only very good arms are mounted on a TD124, and very good arms are well known. I think that was an obscure arm off of an abscure table. Doesn't look like high end quality like some of the Japanese arms I know of.
Maybe post it on Vinyl Engine, they have a long running thread on identifying tonearms.

BillWojo
 
Usually only very good arms are mounted on a TD124, and very good arms are well known. I think that was an obscure arm off of an abscure table. Doesn't look like high end quality like some of the Japanese arms I know of.
Maybe post it on Vinyl Engine, they have a long running thread on identifying tonearms.

BillWojo
Thanks for info. I will post on vinyl engine!
 
Back
Top Bottom