• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tony Levin's Stick Men / Adrian Belew Power Trio Tour!!

Cactus Bob

Desert Rat
Subscriber
U.S. & Canada Tour!! This is going to be great!! :yes:

Coming to Phoenix in October to a new venue called The Foundry. :smoke:

http://www.tonylevin.com/index.shtml

http://www.adrianbelew.net/


From Tony Levin's website:

This Fall there will be a U.S./ Canada tour with Stick Men; Pat Mastelotto, Markus Reuter and Tony Levin and Adrian Belew's Power Trio with Julie Slick, and Tobias Ralph with an extended Crim-centric encore! How could we resist that with Adrian, Pat and me on the bill, not to mention 3 great other players to make up a double trio. We're thinking we'll call the tour Two of a Perfect Trio.

attachment.php
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Thanks for the heads-up, Cactus Bob! Two shows in September in these parts- I'm going to at least one of them! I've seen T-Lev with Crim & Peter Gabriel, but it's been a long time!
 
Thanks for the heads-up, Cactus Bob! Two shows in September in these parts- I'm going to at least one of them! I've seen T-Lev with Crim & Peter Gabriel, but it's been a long time!

Excellent SF! It's has been a long time for you. The double trio finally should be awesome!

I have tickets to see Return to Forever IV a couple weeks before this show. The last concert I saw was John McLaughlin & The 4th Dimension last December. Not too many shows that I'd care to see these days or pay the huge amount of dollars to see them. :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Dang, they have 22 shows in the month of October? These folks aren't kids anymore, either.
 
Dang, they have 22 shows in the month of October? These folks aren't kids anymore, either.

the economic reality of touring. Few would know it better than world traveling and internationally acclaimed journeyman than Belew and Levin. It's great to see such brilliant musicians touring while still at the peak of their powers, as opposed to shopworn old "rockers" pulling on the spandex one last time to milk the arena door money. Both the local shows are in smaller venues.
 
Just as I suspected... another tour that avoids the south almost entirely. American bands plan tours that way, but especially bands from across the pond. In this case there's one show in ATL, 2 in TN, 1 in NC. No shows that are anywhere near Texas. I see it over and over. Pisser.
 
at the peak of their powers, as opposed to shopworn old "rockers" pulling on the spandex one last time to milk the arena door money.

:lmao: :lmao:

I was at a party a couple of weeks ago & the guy holding party wanted me to go see Motley Crue & Poison with him. He said "your into music, you should see them". I didn't say anything bad about it or nothing. Nice guy though. (and he's 52 years old). :scratch2:
 
Phoenix is the closest to me. I may be going to NY in Sept. Maybe I can arrange it to be the 28th or 29th. I haven't seen Belew or King Crimson in a long while.
 
Wow! Thanks Cactus Bob! I will be there. I have been a fan of Adrian Belew since the King Crimson days but particularly with The Bears. Its a must see!
 
I was just looking at Tony Levins discography. I didn't realize he has played with so many people; john Lennon, Pink Floyd,Brother Jack McDuff, wow.
 
Wow! Thanks Cactus Bob! I will be there. I have been a fan of Adrian Belew since the King Crimson days but particularly with The Bears. Its a must see!

I lived in Cincinnati when the Bears were there filming a video. I volunteered and have an autographed LP. Belew would play Cincinnati often. I think he grew up in the area. I wish this tour was closer it sounds like a good time.
 
Wow! Thanks Cactus Bob! I will be there. I have been a fan of Adrian Belew since the King Crimson days but particularly with The Bears. Its a must see!

Cool!!


I lived in Cincinnati when the Bears were there filming a video. I volunteered and have an autographed LP. Belew would play Cincinnati often. I think he grew up in the area. I wish this tour was closer it sounds like a good time.

Belew is a super nice fellow. I was at a small club for a Belew solo gig in Chicago and he came out a half hour after the show & sat at the bar and drank beers & chatted with us for about an hour. His beer of choice was Samual Adams.
 
I got tickets!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

They were quite reasonable at $31 each. The Phoenix show is on a Sunday evening in October.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Belew Levin.jpg
    Belew Levin.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom