• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Toshiba sa-7100

88gibson

Active Member
I have a chance to buy a Toshiba sa-7100. I'm pretty sure I could talk him down to 80 bucks. I've searched past auctions only to come up empty handed. I came across a few websites asking around $350.00. I know she's a rare bird. I love the fold down panel and the power meters. I'm going to keep her! What do you guys think? Is it worth $200 anyways?

Derek
 
Register to hide this ad
Yep. If it's right (no issues) it's got very good sound and is underrated powerwise. It doesn't go for as much as say a pioneer SX-1050 but it's better sounding in imho.
 
There was one on ebay for a long time for $90 I think. It was a BIN from a store so I do not think anyone noticed it.
 
88gibson said:
I have a chance to buy a Toshiba sa-7100. I'm pretty sure I could talk him down to 80 bucks. I've searched past auctions only to come up empty handed. I came across a few websites asking around $350.00. I know she's a rare bird. I love the fold down panel and the power meters. I'm going to keep her! What do you guys think? Is it worth $200 anyways?

Derek

I'd go the extra distance and get the SA-7150, the world's first Digital Synthesizer Receiver. It's truly special and about 50% more powerful. It's got classic Dual Mono design with a big Toroid. I picked up both of mine for about $200.00 last year and with a bit of effort, you should be able to do as well. Good luck in your quest!
 
I'm still debating. After Christmas I'm going to finish a few projects including getting my Pioneer sa-9800 running again and my sx-1010 recapped. I've always gravitated to the monsters. I still have to e-mail my photos of the pioneer sx-v900 to you Vintagestereo.

Derek
 
I have one. mine is in mint condition and I paid $150.00 for it. these unit seem very under rated. I think mine will go into the living room as soon as I can score some speakers the wife will approve of. The living room is the next room to attack. won the familly room issues with no trouble at all. she loves the sound of great gear.
 
Back
Top Bottom