• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Toshiba sc-665 direct coupled amp

johnemonahan

SIDEVALVE
Just finished listening to the twenty dollar amp my wife found at goodwill. Checked it out , cleaned it up , hooked it up to my sansui ca-2000 preamp, the toshiba st- 665 tuner [ also twenty dollars ] and some infinity beta-20 bookshelf speakers. The combo sounded very,very good ! smooth , detailed and a lot of bass. A fellow AK member is going to sell me the matching preamp sy-665. Never thought toshiba made anything that sounds this good!Many thanks to all the AK members that helped me out ! I am going to try them out on my Klispch klf-30s next.
 
Register to hide this ad
I will post some pictures nude when I can. I was very suprised to find a round encased transformer inside! It had the name bando [ I think ] on it. I hope to get the matching preamp by March. Haven't played any records or cds yet but it compares to my stack of rotel gear.
 
Back
Top Bottom