• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tracking weight for adapted P-mount cartridge

Kai Knudson

New Member
Hello,
I have a JVC turntable running an Empire OP225 p-mount cartridge using a universal adapter to mount the p mount cartridge to my turntable.
I found the tracking weight on this website:
https://www.turntableneedles.com/empire-cartridge-op225-stylus-245-de-empire-op225

However, it says "1.25 grams tracking pressure when used as intended in a P-mount T4P tonearm."

Does this mean I need to adjust the tracking weight because of my adapter?
Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Kai
 
Register to hide this ad
Once installed, think of the adapter as part of the cartridge. Adjust the tracking pressure as you would with a normal 1/2" mount cartridge. I have several P Mount cartridges mounted with 1/2" adapters. I set tracking force somewhere between 1.25 to 1.5 grams.
 
If it is a true T4P compliant stylus (usually, only the original styli are), then 1.25g is the correct VTF, regardless of being adapted to half-inch mount or the headshell used.
 
Back
Top Bottom