• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Transaudio 1800 Turntable

chicks

Lunatic Member
Picked this up for $8, not expecting much, but it does have a Shure M75, a decent headshell, and a nice raised-bump rubber mat, still supple.

Belt looks good, starts 'er spinnin' the second I move the arm. Auto-return working, too.

Unfortunately, the queing isn't working at all, possibly just needs fluid, but probably not worth the time / trouble to repair. I think I got my $8 worth in parts. :-)

Pacific Stereo house brand, I believe.

IMG_20140101_152723.jpg


IMG_20140101_151941.jpg


IMG_20140101_152105.jpg


IMG_20140101_152301.jpg


IMG_20140101_152412.jpg


IMG_20140101_151533.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I've seen these. They look very nice and seem to go for reasonable prices. I think they were made by CEC.
 
Looks nice. You know a good deal when you see one. Back in the day I bought a BIC from them (P S). The rag, Stereo Review, I think, said it was a good entry level TT. I hated it, after a year I put on a badly worn Jimmy Hendrix Lp on it and played the tt while putting lighter fluid to it one night.

I would say yours is a keeper.
 
Pacific Stereo house brand, I believe.

Yes, Pacific Stereo had three house brands. There was Concept, their high line, Quadraflex, the mid-fi range, and TransAudio. That table looks to be a C.E.C. product, similar to some Sanyos or Fishers. They usually sound pretty good. For $8.00 how can you lose? The cartridge is worth many times that.

John
 
Back
Top Bottom