• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Transcriptors - Dubious Business Practices?

Is it really a scam, or is a very poorly managed business? Not to imply the latter acceptable but it is different, IMO.

He makes you pay for goods he apparently doesn't have or doesn't intend to ship. And he makes you pay through a system where' you can't file a complaint ...

Is it a scam, is it poorly managed business ... you be the judge :beatnik:
 
I've reached out here and on other platforms like Reddit to ask if anyone anywhere has ever recieved something from him in return for payment and there has never been anyone who says they have. Some people have said they've mailed him their entire turntable for service and never received it back...

Yes, I heard this as well. Or that he took the good parts out of a turntable to be able to resell them later and then sent back an even more disfunctional turntable.

Anyway, I should have listened ...

But the thing is, he was super friendly, very communicative .... So I thought, this can't be that bad ... But yes, it can

But what you wrote really doesn't sound hopeful, I kinda hoped he would come through in the end ...
 
Last edited:
Maybe AK should have a Shame Wall category where these cagey businesses and individuals can be listed upfront, with attached links to threads detailing users’ experiences. Our hobby is relatively small—and often very specialized. And there are fewer and fewer reputable techs and specialists out there, especially ones you can depend upon and trust.
 
He makes you pay for goods he apparently doesn't have or doesn't intend to ship. And he makes you pay through a system where' you can't file a complaint ...

Is it a scam, is it poorly managed business ... you be the judge :beatnik:

Sounds like a poorly run business to me.

If it was a true scam I suggest the OP probably wouldn't have got the payment refunded.
 
People like us just wire him the money because of his name and desperation for these parts.
When sellers and services on the Net are requiring up-front money via non-refundable or questionable transaction services — huge red flags should go up.

Like payment via Bitcoin and "wire" transfers as extreme examples.
 
Maybe AK should have a Shame Wall category where these cagey businesses and individuals can be listed upfront, with attached links to threads detailing users’ experiences. Our hobby is relatively small—and often very specialized. And there are fewer and fewer reputable techs and specialists out there, especially ones you can depend upon and trust.
That would be nice in an ideal world. But this would prolly make AudioKarma the target of lawsuits.

:(
 
Is it really a scam, or is a very poorly managed business? Not to imply the latter acceptable but it is different, IMO.
I know of several amp techs who eventually let their businesses flounder. Long-term — many of them drank themselves slowly into unemployment.

How they disappointed and failed those around themselves was not a pretty sight.

:(
 
Last edited:
Yeah, well, I’m still waiting for the goods I ordered back in December 2025.

So, a poorly run business? Most definitely.

A scam? Maybe not, but it’s definitely sketchy.

Anyway, proceed with caution if you’re considering doing business with this poorly run business.
 
Yeah, well, I’m still waiting for the goods I ordered back in December 2025.

So, a poorly run business? Most definitely.

A scam? Maybe not, but it’s definitely sketchy.

Anyway, proceed with caution if you’re considering doing business with this poorly run business.
Usually one person businesses.
I've seen all kinds of unnacceptable behavior happen with Audio and (Music) Instrument companies that are just one person. On the other hand there are great examples too. Checking track record and even more so, transparency in communication and sensible terms that fit with a single person setup are key.
 
I've had the same experience. I placed an order in January 2026 and never received it. I reached out by email, and later on Messenger because he didn't respond to my emails. Now he just ignores me on both. I've registered a dispute with my card provider, so we'll see how that goes.

It looks like the SumUp page has been closed now as well.
 
I've had the same experience. I placed an order in January 2026 and never received it. I reached out by email, and later on Messenger because he didn't respond to my emails. Now he just ignores me on both. I've registered a dispute with my card provider, so we'll see how that goes.

It looks like the SumUp page has been closed now as well.
Thanks for posting this. Sorry about all the hassles.

I hope you can get your money back.

fingerscrossed.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom