• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Transformer in Pioneer HPM-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gammal

New Member
I just bought a pair of Pioneer HPM-40 v1 for parts but I want to try to fix them. One of the problem is that one crossover has melted cables and transformer. Drivers seems ok.

I cant find what type of transformer it is. No info on it and the SM only says "Transformer, STV-012". No ratio or anything.

Does anyone know what type it is?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Register to hide this ad
Crossovers for those are not too rare on the auction site. Maybe better to just buy one or two of those. The part you are looking for is very likely a choke (inductor) rather than a transformer. They look similar, but operate differently.

Revision: Looking at the crossover schematic, it actually is a transformer, feeding the Super-tweeter.

Good luck,
Rich P
 
Last edited:
Are you talking about HPM-40's, I take it? The transformer is for the super tweeter and chances of finding that separately are slim to none. As mentioned above, your best bet is to find crossovers on e b a y. Google is your friend on finding schematics, etc. Matter of fact, there is a pair on e b a y right now for $28 shipped. Who cares if it's v1 or v2 if you just need that transformer.

upload_2019-7-12_8-25-51.png
 
Yes, hpm-40. I think I try to find another crossover somewhere. Not many for sale in EU thou. Tanx guys.
 
Ahh...yeah, looking back, you didn't mention location. Finding a pair of those might be tough but maybe one day.
 
Yes, hpm-40. I think I try to find another crossover somewhere. Not many for sale in EU thou. Tanx guys.
So keep an eye on international sales too. Shipping isn't always prohibitively expensive. I've bought tubes, eye pieces, and books from various countries that still came out cheaper than local after paying international shipping.
 
Moderation Note:

Become an AK subscriber and put up a "Want to Buy" ad in the subscriber area (BarterTown). Then wait to see what happens. You might be surprised how quick your issue is resolved.

I have to close this thread now, because intent to buy or sell is not allowed in the general forums. I think you got what you were looking for, so that is a good thing.

Rich P
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom