• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Transistor search

shelly_d

Not An Audiophool
Please help:

I am looking for both 2SA1265 and 2SC3182 transistors to repair a Technics amp of my son's. I have tried Mouser, Allied, Newark and Digikey. I don't trust ebay sellers so I am hoping to find a reliable source for these or more modern equivalents from a reliable source. Here is a picture of 3 of the 4 in place. From the markings I'm guessing they are Toshiba. I don't care if the replacements are Toshiba or not, I do care that they meet spec and are reliable. I believe this amp pushes these puppies pretty hard.

Thanks for your help.

Shelly_DP1020199.JPG
 
Register to hide this ad
Thank you all. Decided to go with the substitutes. The higher ratings of the subs provides a wider safety margin on the operating point.

Thanks for the help.

Shelly_D
 
Before purchasing ask the weight of a transistor! .. it looks like an absurd request, but the chinese fakes are lighter! Weigh your first and then ask the weight of the new part! Example: original Sanken 2SC2922 is 19g, chinese Sanken 2SC2922 fake is 14g.
 
Last edited:
Hello
Please help:

I am looking for both 2SA1265 and 2SC3182 transistors to repair a Technics amp of my son's. I have tried Mouser, Allied, Newark and Digikey. I don't trust ebay sellers so I am hoping to find a reliable source for these or more modern equivalents from a reliable source. Here is a picture of 3 of the 4 in place. From the markings I'm guessing they are Toshiba. I don't care if the replacements are Toshiba or not, I do care that they meet spec and are reliable. I believe this amp pushes these puppies pretty hard.

Thanks for your help.

Shelly_DView attachment 778220

I do have them new never used . How many do you need ?
I can tell you also that 2SB817 and 2SD1047 are perfect sub . I do have them also , new . Let me know what you need and I will be happy to help you

I am reliable source

DSC06127-RR.JPG

DSC06128-RR.JPG

DSC06129-RR.JPG

DSC06130-RR.JPG
 
Well, the replacement transistors arrived, I opened up the amp, ran a signal through it checking with my scope, and now I feel like an idiot:oops: for not doing that before ordering the transistors. There was nothing wrong.

My son described an event that should have blown the outputs of one channel:(. A dead short across the output of one of the channels, followed by that channel having no output. Sounds classic to me. Not having a schematic for this beast I have not idea whether it has protection on the outputs or not. Nor did I think to try to troubleshoot the thing cause my son had some trouble shooting skills of his own and i have come to trust him (maybe not any more:no:). I did get some information on it however. We have had it for years without knowing any specs on it. While on the bench with 8 ohm loads on it, I ran the volume up till I saw clipping clearly on the scope then backed it down to get a smooth sine wave. Not at all accurate I know but we got about 23.5 V clean across the 8 ohm loads. That makes it in the vicinity of about 70 watts/channel, both channels driven. So we now know the output (about) of this beast.

Thank you all for your help.

Shelly_D
 
I hope you will continue to trust your son.

Maybe take this opportunity to teach him some more things to observe when he is checking out a piece of gear, and to take good notes. I'd give my eye teeth to have a son to work with me.

Glad you have some spare outputs - - -
 
I hope you will continue to trust your son.

Maybe take this opportunity to teach him some more things to observe when he is checking out a piece of gear, and to take good notes. I'd give my eye teeth to have a son to work with me.

Glad you have some spare outputs - - -

In the words of a former president, "Trust but verify...":bigok:

Shelly_D
 
Back
Top Bottom