• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Transport problem

goraman

Super Member
Banned
How hard is it to change out a transport.
I got a nice used Cambridge Soundworks modle 88CD Kloss radio CD player.
The transport is makeing a lot of noise and sometimes misreads.
Can a Philips or Sony transport be installed in this player?
Would it be hard to replace?
 
Register to hide this ad
The guys at Cambridge audio are very cool,Michael Dodge said they would upgrade the transport and chip set in the DAC when they go through it.
cost $75.00 total.
 
I think that's more than reasonable from the repair point of view. As value to the equipment, it could be cheaper buying a working unit.
 
I bought a working unit,UPS through the box up the stairs to my door on the second level.It was packed in foam peanuts.
I listened to it for a song or mabey two and figured it was ok and gave the seller a nice feed back.I am not going to bother the seller with something UPS screwed up and getting UPS to pay for a damaged pakage forget it.
So for $75.00 I get one with a better than stock transport and DAC.Not so bad.
My neighbor asked me if it was ok when I opened it,he said he chewed the UPS guys a** and I am sure he did,my neighbor spent most of his life in prison Torture and tripple murder and can be very scary when mad.I'm glad he and I are good freinds.
 
Last edited:
Cambridge Audio (british brand of superb CD players, among other gear) and Cambridge Soundworks (american company that manufactures speakers) are two different companies. I could not understand what model are you taking about, for example, where the world "radio" comes in. Could you please clarify the situation?
 
Back
Top Bottom