• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TRIO Kenwood KP-5500 direct drive TT

Register to hide this ad
It is beautiful!

That is at least going rate around here. Probably higher. But people are thrifty around here. I would definitely consider it if it was closer.
 
The 500 wasn't Quartz and this appears to be first half of the 70s so no Quartz. Figure the price is paying for the cartridge in excellent shape.

The 500 would be a good bit better, a few years later tonearm design (KD-550) and better isolation and speed control.
 
As requested screen shot. Again no affiliation but can help if someone here is interested. As Blue Shadow know I help when possible!
Did I include too much in the screen capture?
upload_2020-1-23_23-14-56.png
 
You can usually copy and paste just the picture. Anything is good, price, words, picture, whatever as everything dies when the ad is removed. This being a non-US version (it seems) or at least not common, it is great to have pics for the future.

Yes, Hose53 is very helpful in getting folks gear he can assist with.
 
Those arms look goofy, but they sound quite nice - I think the fluted design damps resonances, and it's unusual to find a straight arm that takes the standard SME/Japanese headshell. I have one of the low end models with a similar arm, and I like it.
 
Back
Top Bottom