• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Trouble with SX440

Chuck awker

Active Member
So,I picked up my 440 a couple months ago.Before turning power on I disassembled everything I could inside and out,refinished wood case,deoxite every knobs and switch,faceplate.....everything.
Worked great for a couple months running Polk Series 2 5jrs.
Then I made a mistake by pushing it a little past the limit as I was playing a bass heavy cd.
So now I hear crackling on the right side whichever speakers I hook up to it now.Both the A and B right sides do this.
Did all the switching to make sure and that's the deal.
Where do I start.The music still is coming thru the speakers but hear the sound.
 
Register to hide this ad
the output transistors... maybe the drivers.

quickest test is to swap a part between channels, when the defect follows the component - you got it...​
 
Back
Top Bottom