• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Trying to find some Capacitors..

jleon92f

Addicted Member
Hi, I am fixing a portable radio, it plays with very low volume and a humming noise. I want to replace the PS caps to start.

500uf 10v or equivalent ? :scratch2:
008 by jleon92f, on Flickr

007 by jleon92f, on Flickr

Viscount Model 1240 AM/FM SW

Thank you,
John.:music::D
 
Register to hide this ad
I would be more inclined to go with 560µF caps. Its generally better to go up in capacitance (within 20% of nominal value) than down. Modern caps are much smaller so getting them to fit will not be a problem.
 
An example of the same spec cap, new & old. I was shocked when I opened the package and saw these small caps.
 
Back
Top Bottom