• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

audiococonut

New Member
Hi all,
I would like some help, I am attempting to lubricate the tonearm elevation mechanism in my Pioneer PL-Z94 Turntable. According to the service manual it should be a pretty simple thing to do...:p
Apparently all I have to do is pore the Silicon Oil #500000 into the hole.
But I am having difficulty dissembling this part, specifically the metal plate and pin - and the pin doesn't even seem to get a mention in the manual!?
Below are the relevant sections from the Service Manual and photos of the part. There is no C-clip, so I am not sure how to go about this one. Any advice on this would be much appreciated, Cheers!
BTW This same service manual is also for the Pioneer PL-Z81, PL-Z91, PL-Z94, PL-Z570, PL-Z470.

service-manual.jpg





photo_2025-01-02_11-37-05.jpg
photo_2025-01-02_11-37-14.jpg
 

Attachments

  • photo_2025-01-02_11-36-49.jpg
    photo_2025-01-02_11-36-49.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
Register to hide this ad
The black plastic washer around the brass pin is a split washer, peel it off and the assy. will come apart.

Craig
 
Hi Craig,
Much appreciated! It came apart just like you said and I now have a very smooth tonearm lowering mechanism!
Cheers,
Matt
 
Back
Top Bottom