• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TU-777/666 Meters?

YamaMizu

Member
I own a TU-666 (note Avatar), so I was curios about this listing for a TU-777:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5780606004
I noticed that the tuner in the pics doesn't have the tuning meter that my 666 has. Are there different versions/revisions of this tuner series? Or is it simply that the 666 has one and the 777 doesn't? Wouldn't the presence of the meter seem like a step UP? Odd that the presumably cheaper 666 would have a feature not found on the more expensive box. Or are the uppity 777 snobs so good at tuning that they don't need no stinkin' meter! :yes:
John
 
Register to hide this ad
Signal Meter

Tu-777 is older than TU-666 but I believe the Meter is located at the bottom of Dial Scale
 
Tu666/777

My friend Stene is quite correct, it is at the base of the dial, and the 777 is somewhat larger, both are good retro look tuners...I have both, and a parts unit for the 777.
Casey :smoke:
 
Mystery solved!

You are right. Careful look at the photos in the listing and I can now see it. I didn't realize that the TU-777 preceded the TU-666. Seems I've heard similar for other series - Sansui came out with the higher end units first, and later filled in below.
Thanks,
John
 
Back
Top Bottom