• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TU-999 recap

bolero

Super Member
I decided to replace the main filter cap in my TU-999

This has to be a joke, right? That's a new Nichicon 2200 uF 63v cap to replace the original Nichicon 2200 uF 50v cap. Way smaller.TU999_caps.jpg

I don't want to mess with the tuner section as it works, but is there anything else I should replace on an original TU-999?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I decided to replace the main filter cap in my TU-999

This has to be a joke, right? That's a new Nichicon 2200 uF 63v cap to replace the original Nichicon 2200 uF 50v cap. Way smaller.View attachment 3174157

I don't want to mess with the tuner section as it works, but is there anything else I should replace on an original TU-999?

Thanks!
You can replace all the electro caps without any issues, it will probably improve its performance..
 
Back
Top Bottom