• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tube console Denver

Register to hide this ad
Jason's CL link looks just like my 1960 Motorola SK-32 Drexel "Declaration". I only paid $20 for mine but it was not in "working condition" and its top required quite a bit of sanding to remove water stains and scratches. On the plus side mine came with 4 seemingly brand new Realistic "Lifetime" EL-84s. Haven't them tested yet but they were in boxes inside the cabinet. They appear to be unused. It's an interesting cabinet style that my wife really likes. She's been lobbying to have it replace the French Provincial Fisher console in our living room. I'm hoping to someday find some end tables from Drexel's Declaration line to help it blend into the current furniture mix.
 
Last edited:
Jason's CL link looks just like my 1960 Motorola SK-32 Drexel "Declaration". I only paid $20 for mine but it was not in "working condition" and its top required quite a bit of sanding to remove water stains and scratches. On the plus side mine came with 4 seemingly brand new Realistic "Lifetime" EL-84s. Haven't them tested yet but they were in boxes inside the cabinet. They appear to be unused. It's an interesting cabinet style that my wife really likes. She's been lobbying to have it replace the French Provincial Fisher console in our living room. I'm hoping to someday find some end tables from Drexel's Declaration line to help it blend into the current furniture mix.

Drexel made some pretty neat things back in the day, up there with lane. You could furnish your whole home with the same style of furniture. I think Drexel became what they are after they purchase Heritage Furniture, many people don't know about that side of Drexel. I was lucky to have found a pair of heritage chairs. I like the style on this console too but I have a nice Ampex in the living room now and enough extra consoles to fill up the rest of the rooms in the house.
 
Is this Drexel/Motorola Worth keeping around?

Just thought I'd throw this into this thread. I'm a total newbie, so please forgive any mistakes:

It's a Motorola "Three Channel Stereophonic High Fidelity" tuner. The cabinet is by Drexel. I think it's from 1959.
In beautiful shape.
Radio works, "tape left" and "tape right" jacks on back work.
Turntable has been removed, but I hooked up a "Virtual DJ" to the tape jacks and "Viola" all the music on my computer plays through it.
All lights and everything else works.
It has a big Jenson, is it called "Golden voice?" speaker in the middle and two smaller Motorola speakers on either side.
Little disappointed in the treble range.
I'm debating keeping or selling it.
What should I look for when I pop the back off? Any advice?
Thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

  • magnavox.jpg
    magnavox.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom