• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tubes "Closely" Matched

jdwdmi

Active Member
I am a newbie when it comes to tubes, and I ordered a quad of "Closely"

matched old stock tubes, until now I have used new production 6CA7 EH,

and EL34 EH. Is there going to be any problem running them in my integrated

amp being that they are not perfectly matched? I have a Cayin A50T with a

quad of EL34's, a pair of 12ax7's and a pair of 12au7's. The amp has manual

bias controls for all the EL34's. Hoping I didn't burn myself..:scratch2:
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks for your quick reply, I wont sweat it. Ordered some Mullard XF2's,

can't wait to give them a listen.
 
Thanks for your quick reply, I wont sweat it. Ordered some Mullard XF2's,

can't wait to give them a listen.

When you get those biased up, you won't need anything else. Save your money for front end tubes. Any chance of seeing a schematic of the amp?
 
Sorry for the ignorance what do you mean front end tubes? I have replaced

the 12au7, and 12ax7 with Raytheon blackplates, they say Baldwin on them.

No schematic, Cayin says it point to point wiring, suppose to be inspired by

Marantz 8B. I honestly dont know how it stacks up in build against other

amps, I bought it to get a taste of tubes, and I am Loving the sound!
 
Back
Top Bottom