• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tuner Tools for Inductors

bbow01

Active Member
Looking for a recommendation for a decent set (or good 2.0 mm) plastic hex head tool for adjusting the inductors on a tuner that I'm working on. I have a set, but I cannot get the right one to fit the chokes in this Pioneer SX-626 tuner. It fits one on the RF front end (L4), but that's it. The tool is just a bit too small to spin the other chokes L1, L2 and L3. If anyone knows of a good set to purchase please let me know.

Thanks,
Brian
 
Register to hide this ad
I bought mine so long ago that I can't remember who made them! GC Electronics is one company, and Radio Shack used to sell a couple of different sets. Arcade Electronics has some nice ones, and I've always been partial to Philmore for their 63-8420 set. I've bought probably 4 or 5 sets over the years. You'd think the cores would only come in certain sizes, but I was always looking for that certain size that fit well, and felt good. And you lose them, wear them out, break them, or "loan" them out never to be seen again....
 
I bought mine so long ago that I can't remember who made them! GC Electronics is one company, and Radio Shack used to sell a couple of different sets. Arcade Electronics has some nice ones, and I've always been partial to Philmore for their 63-8420 set. I've bought probably 4 or 5 sets over the years. You'd think the cores would only come in certain sizes, but I was always looking for that certain size that fit well, and felt good. And you lose them, wear them out, break them, or "loan" them out never to be seen again....
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely check them out. I did spray the coils with contact cleaner last night to attempt to loosen them up a bit. We'll see if that helps.
 
For Pioneer you need metric sized tools, somewhere a few years back someone asked the same ?, i measured the ones I use and posted it good luck finding the post. Pretty sure it was in the tuners section which is the best place to post such a question.
 
For Pioneer you need metric sized tools, somewhere a few years back someone asked the same ?, i measured the ones I use and posted it good luck finding the post. Pretty sure it was in the tuners section which is the best place to post such a question.
OK. That sounds right. It looks like I need a 2.0 mm hex for the coils on the RF section. Thanks for the advice and I'll start digging to see what I can come up with.
 
Back
Top Bottom