5th beatle
Active Member
Can a professional DJ table become a nice home unit? Have a Gemini PT-2000 high torque direct drive. Serial #GT8210076. Currently has a Stanton Trackmaster II AL cart on it. Fell into this one so working on house money.


Complete specs are given, and the arm dimensions are identical to Technics, so the Technics alignment tool or the 52mm measurement will work fine.
Hi just read this thread, I too have a gemini pt-2000 TT, Im a complete novice on this stuff so do forgive me. I was wondering if either of these to cartridges/stylises would do the job? and which would be better?
Thanks!

I would never recommend a conical stylus to anyone just doing home listening...the sound is better and it is kinder to the vinyl.
From what I've read, the real caveat to some of the dj tables is that some weren't designed with correct tonearm mounting geometry in mind, meaning that some won't allow you to set overhang correctly which can become even more of an issue when upgrading from a conical stylus.
Dude, where are you? I appreciate your pro-Technics/specs posts.the specs are quite good.