• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Turntable on same shelf as RTR?

can-man

Active Member
I am designing a flexrack for my Mcintosh based system and wondering any vibrations or problems of having my RTR on same shelf as Project Debut turntable. Shelf is 48" x 24" so lots of room. I am using 3/4" birch plywood and 5/8" all threads. Does this sound ok or would I be better
with turntable on own shelf.
 
Register to hide this ad
I bet the motor in the tape deck might cause some vibration, but I'm not sure how noticeable it will be. Why not try testing them together on a bookshelf or something?
 
Will they be running at the same time? I guess if you are recording to the tape they will be. If not I would not be concerned.
 
From my experience I'v managed to get the best isolation/performance by using a separate dedicated wall shelf for the turntable.
 
Back
Top Bottom