• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

turntable problem

opossumcrush

The Central Scrutinizer
I just picked up a Realistic lab 420. It has a Shure R1000 ETD, Shure RS 8T the stylus is broken. I put on a headshell from my Pioneer, with a Shure M19ED, Shure RS 6E , and a Audio technica, I don't know which one it is. On the Realistic and I got no sound. Can I do this? Or do I need to get a new cartridge? Or is something wrong with this turntable?
 
Register to hide this ad
I just picked up a Realistic lab 420. It has a Shure R1000 ETD, Shure RS 8T the stylus is broken. I put on a headshell from my Pioneer, with a Shure M19ED, Shure RS 6E , and a Audio technica, I don't know which one it is. On the Realistic and I got no sound. Can I do this? Or do I need to get a new cartridge? Or is something wrong with this turntable?
Yes, you can do that. If the headshell and cartridge work on the Pioneer and not on the Lab 420 then there is something wrong with the turntable.

It's possible, but unlikely that wiring on both channels is bad. My guess is that being a fully automatic direct drive turntable, and a nice one at that, it probably has a mute switch that isn't working right. It's supposed to mute the sound until the needle touches the record. Hopefully someone familiar with that model will chime in.
 
Yes, you can do that. If the headshell and cartridge work on the Pioneer and not on the Lab 420 then there is something wrong with the turntable.

It's possible, but unlikely that wiring on both channels is bad. My guess is that being a fully automatic direct drive turntable, and a nice one at that, it probably has a mute switch that isn't working right. It's supposed to mute the sound until the needle touches the record. Hopefully someone familiar with that model will chime in.

(I know this is more than a little off-topic, but...) HOLY **** THERE'S TURNTABLES THAT DO THAT?! lol that's amasing!! And I thought Quartz Lock was insanely awesome, then I hear of something like this!
 
(I know this is more than a little off-topic, but...) HOLY **** THERE'S TURNTABLES THAT DO THAT?! lol that's amasing!! And I thought Quartz Lock was insanely awesome, then I hear of something like this!
:lmao:

Oh, yes. It's cool, but when it comes time to test the audio wiring it can be a royal pain.
 
(I know this is more than a little off-topic, but...) HOLY **** THERE'S TURNTABLES THAT DO THAT?! lol that's amasing!! And I thought Quartz Lock was insanely awesome, then I hear of something like this!

Yes and on the Technics SL1700MKII it's adjustable and a pain in the but to get it set just rite. I kid you not as Jack Paar use to say.
 
Back
Top Bottom