• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Turntable/Record Player Recommendation

Red_Raider

Member
Right now, I'm rocking a Denon DP-23F through my Yamaha CR-2020 and CR-2040. I like the sound through both receivers. So, I'm still deciding which I'll use for my day-to-day vinyl. I may use one for vintage vinyl and another for more modern vinyl. And I'm sure I'll be enjoying it even more once my Yamaha NS-670 speakers arrive at my doorstep.

What I want to know is.... regardless of which receiver I decided to go with .... what would be a decent upgrade for my record player/turntable? Obviously, I'm looking at Yamahas... but I would be willing to entertain other brands if it means getting the best sound possible out of my vinyl without having to kill my bank account.

Also.... I like my 60's and 70's vinyl.
Classic rock mostly, including the occasional bootleg recording.
But, also some motion picture soundtracks, and 80's mullet metal.

Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I love my YP-D71, I listen to a lot of classic rock, 80's metal and some modern metal. I love movie soundtracks, the occasional easy listening and some jazz. My collection of records is eclectic to say the least and with a variety of cartridges the YP-D71 plays them all very well. My previous record players included a Fluance RT-80, Pioneer PL-112D, and 2 Yamaha YP-D6's the YP-D71 has outshined all of them.
 
I love my YP-D71, I listen to a lot of classic rock, 80's metal and some modern metal. I love movie soundtracks, the occasional easy listening and some jazz. My collection of records is eclectic to say the least and with a variety of cartridges the YP-D71 plays them all very well. My previous record players included a Fluance RT-80, Pioneer PL-112D, and 2 Yamaha YP-D6's the YP-D71 has outshined all of them.

That's quite a journey of players. And it sounds like a pretty good starting point for the moment to research. I will definitely look into it. Thank you for the recommendation.
 
Back
Top Bottom