• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Turntable Wall Mounts/Shelves

Adam914

New Member
Anybody have a wall mount or shelf for their turntable that they love? I am very limited on floor space so I simply can't fit any additional storage options to put my TT on and of course don't want the TT and speakers on the same surface. So I am thinking about some kind of wall mount or shelf.

I wish I could come up with some DIY option because everything I have seen online is pretty expensive, wasn't really looking to spend like $200 on it. But to say I am not at all handy is an understatement.

Curious to hear if anybody out there has some ideas I may have missed.

Do you think something like this would work?

ttp://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/907030-REG/quam_nichols_as18x16_wall_mount_equipment_shelf.html
 
Register to hide this ad
Not very expensive, twin track shelving from Home Depot. I glued a couple of layers of plywood for the actual shelves, works great.

Dave
 

Attachments

  • 20151103_144707.jpg
    20151103_144707.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 137
Thanks guys, I hadn't even thought about the metal being an issue. Makes sense. The more I think and look at these things, the more it seems like I need to figure out a way to do this myself!
 
Not very expensive, twin track shelving from Home Depot. I glued a couple of layers of plywood for the actual shelves, works great.

Dave

That does seem simple enough, even for an idiot like me, and looks pretty nice. So the equipment is just sitting on layers of plywood and the track shelving/brackets are all you bought?
 
That does seem simple enough, even for an idiot like me, and looks pretty nice. So the equipment is just sitting on layers of plywood and the track shelving/brackets are all you bought?

Yes, I had a contractor put in the tracks as those two tables are over 80lbs and I was nervous.... The shelves are screwed into the brackets for safety. It's very solid and rated for much more weight but for a very massive table it would be worth seeking the industrial strength tracks/brackets.

Dave
 
Get you a solid core door and cut to size and trim out. This is my shelf and is mounted to the studs in the wall and you add more if need be. And behind the drapes is sound panels.20151101_143808.jpg
 
I bought 4 heavy duty L brackets from home depot, along with a piece of sturdy 3/4" ply and built a shelf that holds my 2 empire TT's

It works fantastic and cost me less than $40
 
I bought 4 heavy duty L brackets from home depot, along with a piece of sturdy 3/4" ply and built a shelf that holds my 2 empire TT's

It works fantastic and cost me less than $40

I am starting to lean this way to. Like I said, I am the least handy person in the world, but I feel like I could probably figure this one out. I am thinking brackets like this, with a 3/4" ply or MDF.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...ckel-Heavy-Duty-Shelf-Bracket-14838/202824718
 
When I mounted my shelf to the brackets I put some rubber washers under the shelf just to give the wood some cushion from vibrations. Did it make a difference ??? it was just what I did on my shelf..
 
I don't know whats perfect & how much a difference it makes but I was planning something similar when I build mine. Just makes intuitive sense that anything you can do to dampen vibrations would be a good thing. Thats a big honkin' shelf you have there. I won't have that much space to play with.
 
The best shelf's I have found is Commercial grade doors from habitat and they are already stained and all I did was cut to size and trim out.
 
Back
Top Bottom