• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

TVX-90

Register to hide this ad
That unit is not compatible with the current digital TV broadcasts. It's beautiful but meant to work with the old NTSC broadcast standard I believe. IE-it picks up the older analog broadcasts. For example, in the USA, TV channel 6's audio was broadcast at 87.75mhz.
 
Not only that, if it was made for the Japanese market, the VHF & UHF bands for Japan and North America are different (just like the FM band).
 
Basically it's a useless piece of kit now. Technology has certainly moved on from the days when these were produced.
 
Basically it's a useless piece of kit now. Technology has certainly moved on from the days when these were produced.

Thanks for the answers so far.
I know, but, hey, logic, costs and rational choice does not apply regarding hobbies :) I love old pieces of electronics. I guess one could use one of the existing fm expanders to convert to US FM band for example.. https://www.amazon.com/Expander-Converter-Shifter-Japanese-108Mhz/dp/B06Y2Z93MW or something like that. Would still love to get hold of a manual though.
 
Back
Top Bottom