• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tweeter faceplate swap question.

bob s

Active Member
Fellow AK'ers,

I have a question, I want to swap out faceplates on two Minimus 7 dome tweeters. I have 2 original metal ones, and 2 plastic faced ones.
Can I simply take the screws out holding the faceplates on and swap them without damaging the tweeters ?

PS: both the metal faced ones are blown, hence the swap.

Thanks for your help.

Bob S
 
Register to hide this ad
I think it depends on where the terminals are -- my memory is that there is a butterfly (the diaphragm and voicecoil) that fits onto pegs and if the terminals are attached to the butterfly, you should either be able to swap faceplates or swap butterflies.
 
I've done this myself.

My advice is to get a very thin hopefully nonmagnetic tool to free the faceplates from the good tweeters without lifting out the voice coils as well - because having to also re-seat the voice coils is a pain in the butt.

work from the top and bottom to avoid damaging the vc leads.
 
Back
Top Bottom