• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Two Hafler DH-200s or an SAE A501 power amp?

JetNoise

New Member
Hello, I have a question. I’m looking at getting a power amp(s) and I’ve settled the pick to a pair of Hafler DH-200s or a very nice SAE A501 amp. I want to power a pair of ADS 910s (4 Ohm load). I’m using a Yamaha RXV1070 at this time. Leaning strongly toward the SAE. Thanks in advance!
 
Register to hide this ad
Between those two I would as the owner of a pair of Haflers probably opt for the SAE. The Haflers could be bridged for 300 wpc but they will not want to drive a 4 Ohm load that way, so it would not be a benefit for those speakers. Another option is the Haflers and biamping the 910s. This would use a crossover after the preamp outputs before the Haflers and sound pretty good.

Still leaning toward a fully working fully refreshed SAE.

I normally used only one channel of my Haflers, using both for stereo, each with one channel idle. Power supply and transformer only supplying signal for one channel made them more capable.
 
Last edited:
Between those two I would as the owner of a pair of Haflers probably opt for the SAE. The Haflers could be bridged for 300 wpc but the will not want to drive a 4 Ohm load so it would not be a benefit for those speakers. Another option is the Haflers and biamping the 910s. This would use a crossover after the preamp outputs before the Haflers and sound pretty good.

Still leaning toward a fully working fully refreshed SAE.

I normally used only one channel of my Haflers, using both for stereo, each with one channel idle. Power supply and transformer only supplying signal for one channel made them more capable.


Thank you Blue Shadow, I was hoping that would be the answer. The A501 is definitely tip-top. Thanks again!
 
Back
Top Bottom