• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

U-Turn Orbit now available with built-in Pluto preamp

beatcomber

AK Member
1cfd8daa-1cf2-4f85-b9a8-204430e586c2.jpg


Introducing Orbit w/ built-in Pluto Preamp!

We have received a lot of positive feedback since releasing the Pluto Phono Preamp in June. So much so that we're doing something we thought we would never do... we are now offering the Orbit with an optional built-in Pluto!

Check it out in the Orbit Builder
Built-in preamps don't have the best reputation, but we want to change that. The preamp we are using is not some generic circuit board. It has the same specs as the original Pluto Preamp, the same precision WIMA capacitors, the same single high-performance gain stage, the same subsonic filter to remove low frequency noise, and the same elegant circuit design. It also features a bypass switch, so you have the flexibility to use it in a variety of different setups.

And in case you missed it, check out this great little tour of our manufacturing process!
 
Register to hide this ad
"Built-in preamps don't have the best reputation..."

You can say that again! Eagerly waiting for an AKer to get one and report back
 
For the heck of it... I went over and designed the TT I would get as an 'all-in-one'

$399

Not bad, decent deal!

.

Orbit.jpg
 
I met a young man who works at U-Turn yesterday at the garage sale I was holding! He said business has been very good and they are looking to expand their retail distribution. (Currently two local Newbury Comics stores carry the U-Turn Orbit.)
 
That is great! Having a switchable preamp, and a good one at that, really gives you the ability to use the TT with any amplifier or receiver you want to use, without sweat. Nice going!
 
I met a young man who works at U-Turn yesterday at the garage sale I was holding! He said business has been very good and they are looking to expand their retail distribution. (Currently two local Newbury Comics stores carry the U-Turn Orbit.)

Mars Records down in Plymouth is also a dealer. Nice that they're going beyond just the big name stores as dealers.
 
Thinking about picking one of these up and was curious if anyone here had any recommendations as to which of the 4 carts they offer to go for.....is the Grado Blue1 worth it?
 
Thinking about picking one of these up and was curious if anyone here had any recommendations as to which of the 4 carts they offer to go for.....is the Grado Blue1 worth it?


I dont have the Blue... I chose the Ortofon (mock buy) because of the slide-on styluses I already own
 
Back
Top Bottom