• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

U-Turn Turntable & SX-850, what speakers?

Daniyal

New Member
Boss-lady got me a a nice turntable to play my ancient Beatles/Janis/Airplane/Zeppelin records on, which i hadn't listened to since I was a kid, its a U-Turn with the walnut base, acrylic platter, Ortofon 2m red cartridge (https://uturnaudio.com/products/orbit-special-turntable), when she got it for me all i had was a Bose Wave radio which i hooked it up to (I know, sacrilege!), I have since, after much research here and some listening, gotten an SX-850 and now I'm on the hunt for a decent set of speakers for this set up, I'd like to be in the range of $300-$500 +/- and would very much appreciate you folks' opinions, THANK YOU!
 
Register to hide this ad
Boss-lady got me a a nice turntable to play my ancient Beatles/Janis/Airplane/Zeppelin records on, which i hadn't listened to since I was a kid, its a U-Turn with the walnut base, acrylic platter, Ortofon 2m red cartridge (https://uturnaudio.com/products/orbit-special-turntable), when she got it for me all i had was a Bose Wave radio which i hooked it up to (I know, sacrilege!), I have since, after much research here and some listening, gotten an SX-850 and now I'm on the hunt for a decent set of speakers for this set up, I'd like to be in the range of $300-$500 +/- and would very much appreciate you folks' opinions, THANK YOU!

Welcome to AK. My advice would be to post your general location so AK users can check out what's for sale in your area and/or you could post a list here yourself and solicit knowledgeable AK'ers views. You want to find something local so shipping does not eat into your budget.
 
Hi! Good point re location & shipping... Boise, but have reasonable access to Portland, Seattle, SLC, in other words surrounding states.
 
Back
Top Bottom