• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Uh-oh... new EPI Magnus CD55:I've gone and done it again

drjuju

Foggy old engineer
Just put my newly-delivered Genesis I boxes in the mix when what should pop up but these wowser-looking EPI speaks. With new surrounds installed already, of course I bought them. It was another one of those insomnia things. I'd been out wandering the back pasture at my neighbors' place in search of the wife's errant Arabian gelding who found some way to go directly from my pasture to Tom's without leaving any tracks or trace of how he did it. This, along with a few fence-tightenings and a what-the-hell-I'm-here-already destruction of the played-out tomato patch and cucumber fence didn't just wear me out, it cranked up that old norse berserker chemistry so I was, instead of falling into bed, ready at the ripe, palsied age of 58 to go conquer the western world. Adrenaline flowed until 2:30am despite hot bath, comfort food (chicken and blackbean burritos with home-made salsa verde at around midnight), and 20mg
of Ambien. Alarm goes off at 4am, and workday starts at 5. Somehow all this added up to the buy-it-now of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ndexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Checked 'em out on humanspeakers.com and they spec pretty good. Love them two horns in the mid/tweet sections. Problem is I've never heard anything about 'em and saw no ref to them at AK. Anybody know anything about them?

The wife maintains her incredible supportiveness and was excited by them for some reason. I'm beginning to suspect I've been hypnotized or something. Or maybe I'm just really as cool as I thought I was at 14... :smoke:
NAAhhh! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
 
Register to hide this ad
drjuju said:
The wife maintains her incredible supportiveness and was excited by them for some reason. I'm beginning to suspect I've been hypnotized or something.
you must still be dreaming.......
 
Back
Top Bottom