z-adamson
Addicted Member
Most older gear has a power cord like this…
My basic understanding is that it does not matter which way you plug this in. It can go 2 ways into a typical 15 or 20 amp receptacle and it makes no difference electrically.
Now, what I am trying to understand is why it makes no difference and in what situations it does make a difference.
I am currently wiring up an amp and I don’t know for sure if I can use a power cord as pictured or if I need a 2 pronged plug with the neutral blade that is wider. I have the wiring of the amp figured out, just not the power cord.
My basic understanding is that it does not matter which way you plug this in. It can go 2 ways into a typical 15 or 20 amp receptacle and it makes no difference electrically.
Now, what I am trying to understand is why it makes no difference and in what situations it does make a difference.
I am currently wiring up an amp and I don’t know for sure if I can use a power cord as pictured or if I need a 2 pronged plug with the neutral blade that is wider. I have the wiring of the amp figured out, just not the power cord.





