• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

University Loudspeaker

ekmanning5

Time has told me...
Went to about the most interesting estate sale I've ever been to today. This guy had everything imaginable; audio, books, records, old tv's. I purchased a few things. One was this huge corner speaker cabinet. My 11 year old is standing next to it for reference. Inside was a Realistic 15" woofer #40-1008. Also a University T-30 horn and a smaller University HF-206 horn. Not too much info out there about University. Any thoughts?
 
Register to hide this ad
I bought a home made speaker from an older guy. He told three times while we were talking, "it's got a University tweeter in it". The fact it was a University tweeter really meant something to him. They must've been good components in the 60's. I had not heard of University drivers until he sold me the speaker. The speaker does sound good.
 
I bought a home made speaker from an older guy. He told three times while we were talking, "it's got a University tweeter in it". The fact it was a University tweeter really meant something to him. They must've been good components in the 60's. I had not heard of University drivers until he sold me the speaker. The speaker does sound good.

Tell you what. if I try to bring that Bohemith in from the garage...the garage is where I'll be sleeping. :no:
 
Hi EK,

Man, that Speaker looks to be one Hell of a find! Ooooh, I would of loved to have found that baby myself! Anyway....my most listened to system consist of a Corner Horn (maker unknown) Cabinet (which I call "Lone Wolf") and a circa 1955 CABINART Corner Horn housing a 15" Stromberg Carlson Series 400 Co-axial Driver. Inside "Lone Wolf", is a single 12" UNIVERSITY 6201 Co-axial. I personally LOVE the mel-loooow/easy to listen to, sound of this Speaker using my Fisher 400 Tube Receiver. At any rate, I do believe you have the makings of a SWEET vintage MONO system!
Congrats on a wonderful find!

Regards,
SixCats!
 
Very Cool !

I love those funky Cobra-flex mid-horns . . .

with a little bit of hunting, you could swap out the Realistic 15 incher for a University C15 series woofer . . . make it period correct :thmbsp:

e9fc_12.JPG

e3b5_12.JPG
 
Back
Top Bottom