• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Unknown Gear

eastsider

New Member
G'day folks;
I have seen another post about a Canadian manufactured amp;
i.e.: Signature DA-30 - Onward Mfg, Ontario

I have a DA-50 running as a Pre-amp also from Onward Mfg.
(see images) does anyone have any information
about or even seen one of these before ?
 

Attachments

  • 20151128_130914.jpg
    20151128_130914.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20151128_130828.jpg
    20151128_130828.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 20151128_130900.jpg
    20151128_130900.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 80
Register to hide this ad
sounds good to my ears it drives a NAD 2700 with authority through Wharfedales and controls a TT, a tuner, a CD Player, & Cassette and has extra room for a second TT, and a second AUX set plus A & B Speakers
 
I had one just like it! It was badged "Audiophonics". The only difference was LED meters and the handles were brushed aluminum instead of chrome. It was built in South Korea. I ran it for 19 years before giving it to one of my sons. He used it for a few years after that. Except for the meters yours is a dead ringer.
 
VERY Kenwood looking. Possibly a tie in somewhere in the manufacturing. In any case it looks real nice, and if it sounds good that's great!
 
It's not Kenwood, I popped the top :D. They do sound pretty nice though. Mine lasted 19 years before passing it on and I drove it pretty hard. For a "White van" sort of deal it was built pretty tuff! I payed $150 new in the box in 1980. There is a matching tuner too. The 1 to 2, 2 to 1 taped dubbing switches were pretty handy as well. I even ran 4 ohm speakers pretty hard for a couple years, didnt faze it a bit. :rockon:
 
Back
Top Bottom