• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Unknown model numbers...is it worth it?

frosty4d

New Member
Does anyone recognize these tables?
The seller states "2-sony, 2-mcs, 1- Elac, 1- hitachi, selling as a group only 150.00 for the 6."
Seller doesn't have model numbers, which seems sketchy...
Anyone recognize them? Is it worth $150?
 

Attachments

  • 00N0N_8ma4auznJ2m_600x450.jpg
    00N0N_8ma4auznJ2m_600x450.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 00H0H_apd496RnM9S_600x450.jpg
    00H0H_apd496RnM9S_600x450.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 00O0O_7ku5iLY8ufl_600x450.jpg
    00O0O_7ku5iLY8ufl_600x450.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 112
Register to hide this ad
I don't know if they work or not. CL seller who doesn't want to give much info. I don't need a table right now, but if I could make a buck or two, then it might be worth it..
 
The Elac/Miracord is a Miracord 45. The Sony appears to be upper end DD and nice. The two MCS are T4p models, decent but not exceptional. The Hitachi is also decent T4p era. The Elac/Miracord is a very nice German automatic changer which I like a lot. I like the Sony when working well. Both in good cosmetic and working order would be worth having if they check out fine.
 
I wouldn't pay $150 for them. Once in working condition (figure a few stylii and belts totalling around $50) they are worth around $275. Unless you are in a very large city where you can sell them locally you then have to go through shipping them. I would try to buy them for $75. Any more and they become too much messing with for too little profit. However, if you happen to be unemployed, retired, or otherwise have lots of free time, it might be a fun project.
 
I would say that the Sony is more of a mid-to-high-level model, but I agree with Kent. Fix up the T4P based tables, slap on a new Shure p-mount cartridge, and pass them along to recoup some of your costs. Keep the ELAC and Sony.
 
They are only worth it if you need or want at least one of them. Several of the tables are nice but nothing super special.

Personally I'd pass. Something odd about a person selling 6 turntables but not willing to give any information. It's not hard to find model numbers considering on most of them its right next to the brand name.

BTW this thread needs moved to Dollars and Sense. Since it's about value.
 
If the ELAC plinth and dustcover are in good shape, they're worth a decent bit by themselves.
 
The all appear to be "complete" in the photos. Not too often you can buy 6 complete tables for $25 apiece. If they were close, I'd definitely go look at them. As others have mentioned, nothing "special" there, but again, where are you gonna buy 6 tables for $25 apiece?
 
If I had the extra cash right now, I'd probably buy them and try to flip one or two. Since I just bought the KEFs yesterday, I'll probably hold out for a bit.
 
Whoa. Whereabouts, exactly? I'm originally from that region.

Sandusky.
While I was being a bit tongue in cheek, a couple of years ago when a thrift actually had a TT in it (Fisher, '80's plastic crap) had a price tag of $225. Scratched to death, no needle.
Then there was a guy across the street who had a shop that sold audio gear and jewelry. We were talking TT's and I asked him about a Marantz to match my 3250 and DC170. This would be a 6100 or 6300.
He spent some time on his comp. and said "$2000", I just about fell over. Needless to say he didn't get any of my business, and now he's out of business, go figure.

There's just nothing here, so it's a sellers market I guess. I end up getting a bit frustrated when I see prices like that for 6 TTs. What's high priced for most on this board is a steal here.
 
Gotcha. I'm from NE, east of Cleveland.
That's ridiculous. I'm pretty blessed here in Columbus. There's a great music scene, and at least three nice record stores. This is CL today -
https://columbus.craigslist.org/search/ela

A bunch of refurbed and guaranteed receivers, quite a few TTs, some speakers, etc. Never a dull moment!
 
Back
Top Bottom