• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Update: Neil Young Archives and remastered albums on vinyl

Register to hide this ad
Good news. His S/T album needs a good bit of work to sound good. I have a few copies hoping to get one that sounds good. No luck. Maybe the new versions will be worth it.
 
Good news. His S/T album needs a good bit of work to sound good. I have a few copies hoping to get one that sounds good. No luck. Maybe the new versions will be worth it.

Agreed. That's the album I'm looking forward to hearing most. I think Chris Bellman is up to the task, but who knows what quality/shape the tapes are in.
 
If they are anything like the massey hall album, i'm in. Just got it last night and gave it a spin. If you are a neil fan, do yourself a favor and get this one before it goes out of print. All I can say is dayum, the sound quality had me in goosebumps thru the whole thing. Sounded like he was sitting in front of me.
 
Live at Massey Hall-2LP-200G

Hand Pressed
super quiet
amazing sound
a must have for Neil Young fans :thmbsp: :thmbsp:

logo_quiex_200.gif

Massey-Hall.jpg


http://www.classicrecords.com/item.cfm?item=43328-1-200G
 
I've got the vinyl 'NYA' releases of Sugar Mountain (the Japanese pressing), Filmore East, and Massey Hall.

FANTASTIC stuff, worth every penny, even the $65 special edition Sugar Mountain.
 
I too heartily recommend the Massey Hall set. One of (if not) the best sounding Lps in my collection and I absolutely love the early NY stuff. I contemplated getting the Sugar Mountain, but $65 is too rich for my blood.

Any idea of how many pressings of Massey Hall were pressed?
 
Unfortunately my Massey Hall was defective so I had to return it to the store for a refund. Considering give it another try.
 
Hand Pressed
super quiet
amazing sound
a must have for Neil Young fans :thmbsp: :thmbsp:

logo_quiex_200.gif

Massey-Hall.jpg


http://www.classicrecords.com/item.cfm?item=43328-1-200G

Nothing against Classic, but Reprise also pressed 200 gram copies of Massey Hall made from the exact same mastering-- and those copies cost $28, rather than $44. After free shipping from Amazon, it winds up costing roughly half of what ordering from Classic would cost: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...inkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B001KT30WU
 
Can someone please tell me which one is Neil's "S/T' album.?
Is it the painted face of him on the front cover? No title. That one came out closely to" Everybody Knows this is Knowhere". Never known what S/T meant.:scratch2: Rob.
 
Back
Top Bottom