• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

US Festival 83 who was there ?

turbomustang

Well-Known Member
Us83 was by far the largest concert i have ever attended and the band list was


Divinyls
INXS
Wall of Voodoo - Stan Ridgway's last appearance with Wall of Voodoo
Oingo Boingo
The English Beat
A Flock of Seagulls
Stray Cats
Men at Work
The Clash - Mick Jones' last appearance with The Clash.


Quiet Riot
Mötley Crüe
Ozzy Osbourne
Judas Priest
Triumph
Scorpions
Van Halen


Los Lobos (on a side stage only)
Little Steven & The Disciples of Soul
Berlin
Quarterflash
U2
Missing Persons
The Pretenders
Joe Walsh
Stevie Nicks
David Bowie


for the three days i attended i was told nearly 1,000,000 tickets were sold and at some point they let everyone in tickets or not so who knows how many actually attended , i actually worked the event


anyone from AK there other than me ?

maxresdefault.jpg

US+Festival+83+Stevie+Nicks.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
i was there day 1. didn't know it was mick jones' last performance with the clash, nor stan ridgeways.

a ton of fun with a couple hundred thousand friends.
 
I was there only on Heavy Metal Sunday....it was my 3rd Scorps show that summer. I still have my ticket stub and I think parking stub.

Three of us got there Saturday night, slept in my VW Rabbit. Only thing we had to eat that night was some brownies one of my friends mom made us....we did have have some "funny" cigs :smoke: too...I don't remember much from that Sat night. :D
Woke up Sunday morning and ran to the line to get in....We ended up about 200 people deep from the stage.

No water (other than the water cannons), nothing to eat all day..but we did not care...We were at Heavy Metal Sunday!!! Around 400-500K sun baked metal heads, dude it was HOT!!!

We left one song into VH set, they were all drunk anyway and sounded like krapp. We went to see the Scorps, Judas Priest and Triumph...Scorpions stole the show. People screamed the whole time they played, I will never forget that day and glad I was there for sure!

US_83Tixs_zpsef02a247.jpg
 
Last edited:
I just watched Day two on Classic VH1.Wasn't there but liked Triumphs set.I was 22 when this happened and would have liked being there at the time but now .. never.
 
I was there all three days,camped out. I was also there for The first Us festival too,all three days. On heavy medal night they did not just let the fans in they broke through the fence and entered. Had a great time and I still have my water bottle from the first one. I remember The Police doing Walking on the Moon and it was a full Moon up in the sky behind the stage.
 
Was there on day 2, "Metal" day. It really became a clinic on rock guitar. Priest rocked the house of course, And Van Halen did his thing. I was close to the stage, But remember some tech issues though out the day. Still, My favorite show, Out of many, Many later in life.
 
Back
Top Bottom